Sunday 8 October 2017

I am not proud of my wife!!

The word proud is defined as a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction which is a result of one’s own achievements. Keeping in mind the definition and me, my wife can never be proud, at least of me. However, the last time when I told my wife that I am proud of her she replied what do you want to eat for dinner? She thought I am buttering her to get some butter chicken.
Husband and wife share a very complex relationship. It is a relationship in which you can see shades of all other relationships. A wife if the situation demands even assumes the role of a mother to her husband. I sincerely believe that a woman when reaches at the epitome of any of her relationships she turns into a mother whether she has started as a sister, friend or a wife. Motherly instincts come natural to almost all the women. It is not some social construct but a part of a female gene pool.

It is not mandatory for husbands and wives to be proud of each other, they should be in love with each other, they should be at war with each other, and they should be at peace with each other. It is the others who should be proud of them not they, themselves because being proud means full stop, stagnation and the relationship of a husband and wife do not need that, they as a person and being part of that marital relationship should be ever growing and evolving. So all those who are reading these lines and are married, please do not be proud of your better halves, be in love with them; in their good and in their bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment