Saturday 30 April 2016

We are the Birds

Lately some of my class fellows from GCU, Lahore tagged me in posts; where they recollected the great memories we made during our stay at GCU, Lahore. All this nostalgia triggered me to write something about those golden days. I hope you all will like it.
P.S. This poem is dedicated to all those who love and respect me even today and also to those who I no longer love and respect. Thank you for teaching me some valuable lessons.
We are the Birds
By Muhammad Aizzan Malik
We are the birds
The birds that flew together once
Irrespective of the variances
Our journey was our ground where we sow the seed of friendship
Today the tree of our friendship stands firm
Gives us shade against the pains and miseries we face
We flew not because we had to but because we wanted to
We lived moments
We built companionship for life
We made memories that will outlive us
Today wherever we are
Whatever we do
Whatever we become for the world
We will remain the same birds that flew together once

No comments:

Post a Comment