Tuesday 5 September 2017

That bench in the garden

That bench in the garden
That shrub that always covers it from the above
Today when you were not there
I sat there alone for the first time
I have never felt that slab this cold before
And that shrub without a flower before
I reminisced the long talks
The grass that was beneath our feet
You know it is still yellow
The breeze that made your hair go sway
Has stopped since you have gone
That anthill that worried you so much
The ants have vacated it
But they have repaired the swings
And you can here children laughing
Amidst all this I realized what that bench is
It is a shrine
A shrine where my love with your memories is buried
I paid my respects
A nice place where I can mourn our love
Those endless numbered sunny days
They just do not go away
Even if I try

Even if I cry

No comments:

Post a Comment